Monday, July 15, 2019

Mission Tour

7/8/19
all The ReAlly fuN balitaS na For rEalz mangyayaRi dito Sa oficina NA 

(did u see my message?) 


So to sum things up, We had a wonderful week of Mission Tour! 

Yeah so mission Tour happened :) It was wild for sure but we learned a lot there about the importance of our testimony, Finding, Working with members, and so on! One of my favorite things that was shared from Elder Schmutz being here was through his testimony about Joseph Smith and how important it is to have people know that he is truly a Prophet of God, An important man, and has done more good to the world than any other man in history save it be Jesus Christ of Nazareth himself!!!!


So I'll just rant and look a lil crazy here sharing this:

Call me crazy but I know for a fact that 14 year old saw God. He saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in all of their glory! In terms of me understanding his story really well I was dawned to think about Joseph Smith's reactions and expectations he had with his "spiritual awakening" where he realized that Heaven is Close, They are close and wanting to listen and that we simply just need to talk to them! When I think about Brother Joseph Smith as a 14 year old kid who read a couple verses out of James chapter 1, I decided to follow there again. That chapter I was able to understand again that Patience is to simply let him do it's work, being humble and accepting whatever our answer is that comes from Him, and most importantly, HE WILL ANSWER! He will answer all of your prayers! Some take time, sometimes he tells us many times and we don't accept to see it the first 4480321528 times or so. BUT HE WILL ANSWER! Thinking about this new knowledge of Joseph Smith, he had all the expectation that Heavenly Father himself and Jesus Christ would answer his question. However I'm also guessing that he totally did not expect that they would just show up right above him and tell him directly. However of all the situation that the world was in back in 1820, I also know that if he were to receive his answer in any other way, Jesus Christ would have not been able to restore his church on this earth. All of this I know is true! (oh yeah baby)


But hey that's not me if you don't believe me that's okay because you are you a son/daughter of a God :) 
 and literally can do almost anything you want to in the world (to the extent of the consequence that would lead you to death)
Wait whaaaaat thuuuuuuuuuu
Other Things Totes

Some Really cool things to happen there was that I found out that I am very closely (but in all sense) related and also not related to Elder Schmutz! 

How is that Possible? 
Marriage.
 That makes everything possible in the world :)  
His brother is married to my Mom's Cousin.


I hit landfall to Lahat of the Mission!!!!!

That's another fun goal I accomplished today! I got to travel to every single area in the mission!!!! Some were just a drive by, others I stopped at the missionary apartment, and others I was doing a lot there to get to know the area. But on the way back to Laoag City from the Cagayan part of Mission Tour I got to stop in Lasam and Ballesteros to drop off supplies! It was super exciting to get everything touched just to say I've been there. The mission is big tho so like there is that :) 

That's all 

-Elder Powell 

P.S. It's Transfers! We are getting a new Finance elder here so that's cool! His name is Elder Higginbottom from California. He is super cool. (But also another American companion for me...) Will I go my whole mission with only 1 Filipino Companion here? Find out in 6 weeks when I train my replacement! 


P.P.S. Another great set of scriptures! Ether Chapter 12! It's a great one :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...