Friday, January 6, 2023

Reflecting back onto the past.


Gosh, It has been a while since I've updated this blog, or even looked at it. ever since the pandemic started, this page was just at a standstill. But now, as I am learning how to effectively use technology in a classroom setting, I decided to update this a little bit more. I'm going to include some answers to questions that are a part of my EDU 305 Class, to let them know (and you all) that I can still use technology. But in a quick crash course of the past 3 years since I last really posted, I live in Hawai'i now, I am studying Music and TESOL and Political Science. I've changed my Major 4 times, and I'm graduating soon :) 


Through the Ages (EDU 305):

The joy and wonder of the technological era have made a huge shift in accelerated learning for youth and students of all ages. This has led to many significant achievements in improving the ability to learn things such as maths, languages, and even music! Providing easy go-to lessons, and fast and efficient communications between each of us, from any part of the world! My understanding of how technology works is very reflective in the photo on the left. Even since I was 2 years old, I have known how to use a computer. as a toddler, I would play computer games like Lemmings or Space Pinball, or better yet, mess around and make art on "Paint" and write journal entries about life or random notes on the computer for my siblings to read. ever since I was 2, I have always been tech-savvy in the room. I fully plan to use this skill in both styles of teaching, In person, and Remote. I've been able to program, functionalize, and use a variety of games, videos, and photo resources provided on the internet as valuable tools for educated learning. I have used computers and technologies to create my own online classes, do tutoring, and work hard and diligently on making sure that students can still have the same amount of attention that they need (if not more) than they would in person. 

 Things I hope to learn: 


Active learning Experiences:

My classroom is an active learning experience that incorporates a variety of new resources as we develop as humans. I am here to learn as well while I teach my students, with this, I am always open to suggestions. while I am a current student, I want to make it clear that I am looking to know how to best incorporate any valuable resource that can make my teaching more engaging, exciting, and FUN for all students. 

Online Understanding:

The benefit of my age in the teaching field is that I grew up strictly in the technological era that comes with all of these advances. I was there through it all, the rise and fall of Vine, MySpace, and Facebook when it used to be cool and when it transitioned to the social media app for "old people", Instagram, Snapchat, and most specifically TikTok, which has become a very valuable source of learning for many when used properly. I hope that in this class, I can effectively incorporate the technology that is the "now" and fun thing that my target group would enjoy.

In-person technology understandings: 

I think the most important thing I am going to need help keeping up to date for me, is knowing what kind of work I specifically need to incorporate in my classroom to make sure that technology is only used as a resource and tool for elevated learning, and not have it decelerate, or hinder any progress that I am striving to achieve. I understand that If I don't take into consideration the limitations, and also the surplus of agency students have without moderation, problems occur. so hopefully by the end of this semester, I can replace these goals with actual principles and methods I can and will use in my classroom to help students grow.

-Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...