Friday, October 26, 2018

I'm in the Philippines!

October 26, 2018
Sa MTC here is like 10342480 times better than the Provo MTC 

I'm in the Philippines and here is a list of things that they do better here. 

1. Drive. They're so aggressive here and touchy pero okay-lang. They do lahat masama together :) and use turn signals 
2. The people here are SOBRA MAGANDA AT MAGALINEE
3. it's hot here.  
4. they do lahat ng bigay dito mas mabuti 
5. totoo ang simbahan ni jesuchristo. 
6. I went to the bathroom today and didn't use toilet paper. ate with my hands, celebrated Christmas and so on and so forth. 
Its Christmas!
I'll be honest I was disappointed when they had toilet paper in the bathroom 
In the grand terms of this, I have never been happier in my life to be eating food off of banana leaves and really unsanitary fish and dumplings and RICE FOR EVERY MEAL :) 
Never in my life have I been more welcomed to such a beautiful country and sa mga filipino are so kind and welcoming here :)  I love every single person that is here and that is the gospel truth. 

Story time: 
So spending just a few days dito sa Manila MTC, We were given the opportunity and task to go and share a spiritual thought with the people roaming the Manila temple grounds. 5 people to be exact. Soooo my kasama and I decited to go talk to these five people that were just standing there. Turns out after we shared a beautiful mensahe about Sunday and how God wants us all to treat that day special to rest physically and grow spiritually. WELL THESE PEOPLE TURNED OUT TO BE THE OLD MISSION PRESIDENT OF MY MISSION (he was like released 3 months ago) and then also a bishop and stake president mula sa Laoag misyon at asawa niya as well as two other Pogi-tao (one served in Laoag and the other served sa manila mission) and like it was a spiritual shambam. 

10/10 would talk to random Filipino in a parking lot again
susunod na lingo :)
:) 
Best freaking temple sa daigdigp


dito ay umaganda mga tao I had to say kita-kits to :( 

 Mahal kita Lahat :) 
This is a Jeepnie (or however you spell it. Sister Morton correct me plz) 
-Elder I'm in Asia now Powell 

P.S. In such a discerning turn of events, It seems that elephants can fly now. 

P.P.S. I somehow finna just sent a random email saying hello Po to everyone. 

P.P.P.S. I will try to get better pictures that show the beauty of this place pero I'm in Quezon city for another 5 days working on getting ay aking visa extended para sa 2 years. 

P.P.P.P.S. The word for Accountable is mananagot or something like that and it sounds like banana goat. hehehehheee

Plane ride took 15 oof-langin Horas.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...