Thursday, November 1, 2018

In the field

Oct. 31, 2018



I'm finally in the mission field! It's kinda weird dahil tagolog has been coming so fast for me and then a BIG OOF came to me just when I was starting to understand what the heck people were saying they all start speaking Ilocano and I have like conte lang teaching sa Ilocano. 

Either way it was a 15 hour bus ride that included a 4 hour wait at the bus stop in which I met some really cool people out here and when you're white sa pilipinas everyone just comes flocking to you. aye weird. 

Either way. I love all of you so much and the FOOD HERE IS DELICIOUS

-Elder Powell

P.S. Don't be surprised if I have a hard time writing back sa tagolog. My brain is in a conversion process right now of adjusting to the life here but it has literally been the best freaking moments ng aking buhay at like wooooooowww its amazing here. 

P.P.S. I made a new friend today. kanyang pangalan ay jared. He is a mosquito sucking my blood on my arm. He is now dead. RIP Jared. 

P.P.P.S. "video game ka ba? Kasi Nag-lelevel up feelings ko sa'yo" ;)

I'll hopefully be able to email lahat kayo bukas pero might be later than that. I don't know anything about my field but that I love the people and I love teaching them the Gospel of JesuKriso 



Dear Brother and Sister Powell,

It was a great moment when your son arrived here at the Mission Home in Laoag!  Before he left with his new companion, Elder Wells, to their area in Gattaran, we were able to spend a little time getting to know him and we are sure he will be an excellent missionary!  We have already been blessed by his presence!

Thank you for raising a young man who is prepared to serve the people here in The Philippines!  We love him and will care for him like one of our own children!


With Love and appreciation,
President and Sister Peterson
Philippines Laoag Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...