Saturday, October 6, 2018

Wild Week


October 5, 2018

Talk about a wild week! 

to keep things short I will most likely do things in bullet points bc I'm weird like that. 


1.      never in my life would i think that rain would be such a blessing to my health but it has been. The air is actually clean now and it has been making days here sa MTC much better :) plus the clouds have been super low to a point where we are literally in some! 10/10 




2.     I threw my pen to the ground and it stuck up. Super awesome evening. to follow up with that day (Wednesday) I also went to the doctors and they told me I had a super bad sinus infection so that was cool. Got to go off campus to the Urgent Care and then even more off campus to go to the Pharmacy. It was fun leaving the MTC even for a lil bit. 



3.     I'm super proud of myself because I'm actually being an organized and clean person here. SO much that I took a picture of my desk here. 


4.     Still weird but serving the Lord. We are truly a blessed generation and people to be representatives of Jesus Christ and preach of his doctrine of Mahal to ng Tao sa Pilipinas

5.     I had to say goodbye to some amazing friends here as they left for Manila last monday :( I'm heading out to Manila though next week (hopefully. either then or the week after but no one actually knows for sure. they wont say) 


6.     My Friend is dying as well. (he got mono) 
7.     Still weird 
8.     Still weird
9.     Still strong 
10. Still have a testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 
11. Me and 364 other missionaries get to represent Jesus Christ himself as well as the face of the Missionaries of ang Simbahan ni Jesuchristo ang mga Banal sa mga Huling Araw this saturday at 2pm Mountan Standard time! (Arizona peeps that's at 1 pm for you and everyone else you figure it out) and I'm super excited to be able to sing in front of my favorite organ in the entire world (not to mention the 12th largest organ in the world and 4th largest that is still played) as it accompanies us! TALK ABOUT A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE (thanks Lauren ;) ) 
12. I've had a lot of time to think about my purpose as a missionary and as a member of such an amazing church and it came to my realization (i like to call it a mishpiph (thanks sisters (and yes i just parenthesized inside of a parentheses twice (OOF)))) that our purpose is to share Joy and happiness. to invite the spirit into peoples homes and to truly INVITE them to come unto Christ as an example. Of all the blessings we have here in this world, our greatest one is the Agency to choose what our future is going to be. So as I head to the Philipinas I will be there teaching the lessons of Jesus Christ, being an example of him, and sharing Joy to the people! I'm super excited for it all as anyone should be for such a thing. If any of you run into a missionary that is complaining about their mission, tell them they're doing it wrong. 
13. Big things are coming through in terms of missionary work. To add to it, Of course everyone here is spreading rumors like CRAZY BOIIII worse than HS rumors going around. these rumors include ! China is going to open @ sisters can serve for 2 years # changes to missionary handbook and other such things will be announced (they already announced updates to PMG) & the China mission will be a sisters only mission
these rumors are based on, ! Stake presidents have not been turning in mission applications for the past 3 weeks now @ people have literally been getting their calls saying "you will find out in genconf" # updated PMG usually follows everything else getting updated & also its President Russel M Nelson. what else can you expect.... 


Okay how I wrote so much in 30 minutes HKA? 

either way, I got a conference to sing in. 

-Elder Kolipoki Powellllllll

P.S. Don't get a sinus infection

P.P.S. Alligators want to say "in a while" sometimes as well #equality4Allies&Crocs 

P.P.P.S. If you are attending the Saturday afternoon conf, don't look for me  unless you want to be converted. I'm a missionary elder lookin boi now

P.P.P.P.S. Feel free to email me more! Don't be surprised if i dont respond tho 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...