Thursday, October 18, 2018

I was on TV!!!

Editor's Note:
I am a week late posting. This is last week's email from Joe. There should be another one tomorrow, his last one from the MTC. 



10/12/18
Ayo Maganda Umaga Tao sa Mundo :) 

It's beeeeen a wild one here at the good oli MTC. I'm going to keep things in a solid list style here. 

  1.  I was on TV!!! 6 million people saw my goofy smile on TV this past Saturday afternoon as I sang in the misyenero chora ng General Conference. 10/10 experience. Got to shake hands with some general awtoridad and also my Grandpa was like "oh my grandson is in this choir, I'm just going to walk up to the choir loft and give him a hug" and lemme tell you I have never had a more awkward hug in my life. Like BI GTTIMM EEE E AWKWARD because as a missionary I have no idea what family members I'm allowed to hug or not and so on and so forth. Sometimes I forget that my Grandpa was (or still is?) a General Authority and can do things like that. 
  2. My sinus infection didn't go away Lel. Got to go to the doctor 3 too many times and cry a lil as I am being force fed too many freaking antibiotics to live normally. 
  3. I totes have the best companion ever 
  4. And the best districto ever
  5. General conference was a big time spiritual festivity and like half of the missionaries got bamboozled here as China was not announced as a new mission. However the amount of missionaries speaking Mandarin serving in Sacramento California is still super suspicious. They did open up some Persian Speaking missions! That's super cool.
  6. Temples are very important and special in such a day and age. Don't question it. If you can. Just go. Please. if you do I'll give you a virtual High 5! Thanks in advance 🤘👏
  7. Still weird 
  8. still ALIVE THANK HEAVENS
  9. Send Memes
  10. Send pictures of your dog (if you have one) 
  11. Happy 2 day late birthday Mom! 27 never looked so good on ya. (plus 29 years) 
  12. sorry it's still bullet points. I'm weird like that. 
  13. I make too many ur mom jokes here. it's interesting.
  14. My artistic and drawing skills have drastically improved like crazy since being here and it's becoming my new P-day hobby/in class while taking notes hobby. ( I may or may not share some drawings I've done so far ) 
  15. Pics to come later toady. I get 30 more minutes this afternoon to email and I will share my pics for the week then. We did some pretty wild stuff just you wait. If you want me to respond with my super fast typing skills that I apparently have, Email me bukas mkay? Mkay
Mahal ko Kayo 
your medeocly sized  Nagsasalita Tagolog at Ilocano makapal blanco lokinnn boi 

-Elder Powell 

P.S. I ate a very large plate of rice for a meal one day and it was really really good. 

P.P.S. I wish I was a German Shepherd like Elder Uctdorf. But for the time being, I will be a corgi. 


P.P.P.S. I leave for the Philippines next week (the 22nd) and I am SO PSYCHeDDD 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...