Monday, January 21, 2019

Life is Interesting

1/13/19



Life is interesting, I love being here though. Every day I just love the people, make new friends, and share the good news to them all! Except this past week I was basically bed ridden with something that honestly no one knows what is going on. But my ears are literally trying to kill me apparently and it's not even some cold virus or some nasty bacteria in my ear or parasite. But yeah I lost half of my hearing in my left ear and have an unbearable pain in both with some nasty ringing in both ears that are now raised in pitch a bit more before. Also.... At a major 3rd that has the 3rd 28c sharp... so ya, painful regardless of actual pain.

But I'm still alive, happy, and filled with the love of Christ in everything that I try, do, and share. Also, I found out that I have permission to use Facebook messenger to contact and message those of family and friends who don't use email. I don't know how to tell them that though because they don't use/ really have an email tapos, hindi ako na makasign in at kapag sinusubukin ako, sinabi siya, "YOUR GONNA HACK THIS POOR BOI STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE" or something like that. It was honestly kinda interesting but yeah never in my life would I think we would be given permission to share the gospel on Facebook and Messenger in a mission that uses little Samsung brick phone. 

But either way, I thought this email I would describe some of the cultural things I experience here along with some comedy, love, adventure, drama, and the awesome experience to hear from Elder Jeffery R Holland who came all the way to the Philippines to do a groundbreaking in Urdaneta for the 3rd temple in the Philippines (which they keep announcing temples here and there and like heck I wouldn't be surprised if next conference one is announced in like Tuge or Laoag. The spirit of the Philippines is honestly a miracle beyond means for me and to be honest, this place is a promised land of Asia. A blessing to the saints here, and an example to the rest. 

PICTURE INTERLUDE OF THE WEEK:

So to start this week off, There isn't much to share talaga. I have a new camera that works great. that's awesome.


We went to aparri 3 times because of Zone Con, a need to find the hospital there, and also they have a savemore which is like as close as you can get to a normal grocery store in America including Doritos and apricot jelly and normal peanut butter. It's super expensive but ya know what, I don't really care because it's worth every penny. 


To add to the adventures, I found out my camera can do this with passing cars and stuff. We were Gabi Nad pretty hard one day and waited for an hour before we got a sasakian back to our house. It was wild indeed. But I found out that my camera can do this and it made my day. 



So in walking to our Branch President's house for dinner we were walking across the dirt road and the corn field next to us was rustling. It was scary but turned out to be a frog that our branch president then ran over with his motorcycle....


So this is my favorite kid in the world. he has like super long locs and such because when he has short hair he looks like a girl. So he has long hair. But also he is super happy all the time and would not stop playing with their aso. 


They kept trying to climb on top of their dog and ride him. 


and every time he just would sit down like "boy no"




After dinner we wen't back to get our bags in the other room and we found these too asleep. it was cute. I love kids here so much. 


On the way back we fit 6 people on a motorcycle and (little side cart that was literally just a metal grate with some wooden planks and a wheel attached to the other side, got a ride back to our apartment, and then I checked my temperature and had a fever.  


Also funky frog at our front door.



In being sick all week (and like 3 trips to the hospital which will conclude with me leaving my mission to go to a better hospital tomorrow that might be able to help) my trainer who has had a lot of time, built a temple out of all of the Legos he bought with his Christmas money.




Here's some pictures I got of people sleeping on the Jeepney ride to our Special broadcast on Sunday. 

YESTERDAY!!!!! 

So yesterday besides still having a fever we got to hear from Elder Holland for some time. 
Okay now for some funny stuff and more pictures :)




We created this really cool background of Bible and Book of Mormon Pictures. It's really cool :) we also bought candles for some reason. 



In getting our water this morning, our neighbor (and land lord)'s dog had puppers and they made my day :)

Also for those wondering, we don't have running water in our house because yeah. We have a tiny hole in our bathroom and sometimes from 5am to 6am water flows out of it. But this entire past week it hasn't.... So we get to pump the water from the ground and use that through the day. lol :) 


I'm alive, never been happier, and love you all and would love to hear from you guys!!!! 

I will try to get some more pictures of the true and beautiful culture here next time. 

Love 

-Elder Powell 

P.S. how many elders does it take to go to Burger King. 

P.P.S........ 2 duh. 

P.P.P.S. Send Memes 

P.P.P.P.S. I had a really really funny PS to share but then I forgot it. lol .



No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...