Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Fathers are Cool

6/18/19
Your *Mom is cool
The less eventful week of the POM
Philippines Office Mission
*Ur dad is even cooler 


GUESS WHAT WE FOUND (Hint look at my model for the office photoshoot this past week)

Whassup fam I'm back with another week of the internet has been out the entire week except for today when it finally came back! 

Yeah the internet here in the office has been a little wishy-washy not liking us too much. So much that we actually just ended up buying out own internet router to use while the church internet goes out.. but other than that; 

My Dad had a WONDERFUL day a few days ago! 

So did my Grandpa!!!! 

But none of them are here in the Philippines so I just celebrated fathers day with all the digiti tatatang (dads) here in Laoag!!! The ward put together a wonderful Father's day special lunch and the Relief Society has made it the best day for them! We missionaries also performed a fun little musical number for them and our APs here in the mission gave wonderful talks about how fathers day here is also a fantastic day to celebrate our Father in heaven ! 




Speaking of, Here's a cool video that we watched with the Hernando Family! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5FxdCgD-qI In which we discussed about his love for us and how we have to actively seek to obtain his love and accept it. he does it all behind the scenes supporting us, taking care of us, Watching over us, Providing a world for us, Teaching us the good and the bad, Giving us the experiences that we need to grow and become like him. Perfect. The Hernando Family is amazing too! Brother Hernando is actually from Utah! His family moved there when he was 15 where he also met his wife Julie. Then 2 and a half years ago as a family, they received a prompting of the lord that they need to drop everything in their life back in Utah and move to the Philippines and start up a children's rescue center and orphanage here in Laoag City. Sister Julie while we were at a dinner appointment with them talked about how one experience there was this one kid that they eventually took in who was being physically abused growing up by her family. She tried to attack her and to literally rip her skin off and hair and so on in a horrid manner which was scary for her sure but during the whole situation she went to talk about how all she felt at the moment was our Heavenly Father's love for that child. how they are family and she will feel the love soon and to simply just do her best and she will receive the help she needs. both of them. They have had a wonderful success with their orphanage in helping these children out, and recently were able to hire some people to take care of it so that they can move back to Utah this July. We are for sure going to miss them all and their example and the good they have done here in Laoag City. I've seen their impact and it truly is a miracle how God shows his love for us all in his so called mysterious and amazing ways for sure!


I'm really good at taking pictures and not being in them


Speaking of special families and amazing Dads...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!!!!



you are very popular here in the Philippines! Your face, stories, and influence still to this day helps thousands of saints here develop a closer relationship to God and Jesus Christ! I was able to obtain though my resources here on my google drive/photos (and with a little help from friends who are good at technology) to get some photo collages that my mom shared on Facebook of you not wearing a suit and tie ahahahahahahaha... 😂😂 Outside of that, I just wanted to say thank you for the example you have given to many people to repent, to change, and to follow the Teachings of Jesus Christ. Especially with one of the talks you have given. I recently shared with a friend of mine here in the Philippines who has been going through some struggles. I recently re listened to this talk you gave and received yet another witness of the Love of our Heavenly Father and again of the Power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ! All of such has helped me become a better servent to the people here in the top of the Philippines! Of all I hope that you continue to share your light and let it shine to glorify our Father which is in heaven. 


I Love My Dad and Mom Too

Also I can say every single bit of that as well about my Father here! I Love him so much and am thankful for him (and my mom as well) for all they do for me every day of my life in taking care of me, Helping me grow up making the right choices in life but also helping me chose simply what I want to do with my life! They teach me every day to be thankful for all I have, know what I need, and when it comes to making decisions, having the Holy Ghost help me with my decisions in knowing where the Best is in all! LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD!


The end


-Elder Powell


P.S. Pictures for the week are here. I'm still working on the better picture taking through the week. sorry I'm not good at it



P.P.S. Fun fact, we finished a teaching appointment and a huge lizard came and climbed on the roof and then ate another small lizard in front of us catching all of our attention and then fell scaring us all. as we were leaving with our investigators (who were going to buy some stuff at the Tindahan as well as our fellowshipers) we got stuck behind a Cow. we took turns distracting the cow to the one side of the path so that everyone else one by one could sneak past him. when we all made it past him, We see a less active tatay who is sobrang lassing all the freaking time and were like "HEY TATAY! PAPANUMNYO?" then he said "diayti baka ko" and then he got his cow and moved it out of the way....... 

P.P.P.S. 

Also have to do a quick shout out to AUSTIN CILONE HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAH DUDE (hahah totally remembered) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...