Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Coming at you whenever the internet comes back !!!!

6/13/19

Big Boogly Week of Fun Stuff

A week of Variety


Good morning to a world full of interesting things for us to always explore and enjoy! I am Elder Powell, The Current Supplies Manager, Records Manager, And Vehicle Coordinator of the Philippines Laoag Mission! And I just had bad sleep paralysis about 30 minutes ago ðŸ˜Š also, the best P-day and week so far in the mission!



WHAT?!?  ANO BA?!? ANYA?!?

HOW???!!!??? PAANO?!?

AHahahah Because, nothing too big Happened this week for me to report on!

I Found my Wallet
Wooo! So fun story, Last Monday, Me and Prusse were out working and heading out to an appointment that we had Sunday night with some Members for fellowshipping and teaching two new people who just moved from Bacolod and apparently attended church here (Like what thuuuuu. that was easy) and while we were walking this one kid (I called him Kuya out of respect like always) came rolling up in his Motor like a boss with this huge smile (like every koya has when they see two Guwapo mga Amerikano) and he was like “Hello Koya kilala po ba ninyo ang tao naito?” (“Hey brother, Do you know this person”)And it was a PICTURE OF MY DRIVERS LICENCE tapos andyan ako sinasabi sa kanya “ oi! Ako iyan koya!” (and then there I was saying to him “oi! That’s me bro!”)
“oh. Nahanap ko ung wallet mo kanina sa kalsada malapit sa may tindahan dyan. Wait lang ditoy koya”
(“oh. I found your wallet earlier today on the road by the tindahan there. Just wait here bro.”)
“oh okey koya”

AND BAM I GOT MY WALLET BACK after two weeks of it being lost. It truly was a miracle that was in the making and I gave that kid 500 pisos as a thanks like “what the heck koya thank you so much”

#BLESSED 

I Got Sick


Yeah so Me and My companion both got sick… At the exact same day. Same time. It was wild. But we are still going out pushing through and all. We worked a lot and it showed its efforts! We had a bunch attend church, (it was like overflowing in the Chapel because of how many were attending church) and so on. It was a wonderful Sunday to see everyone there and so happy!
But yeah I’m still sick. I actually had sleep paralysis earlier today waking up from my nap. I woke up as Prusse was walking out the room and then I tried to move and legit I couldn’t. Then I was like O O F. Then I was like Ehh EH  EH MOVE BODY! And it wouldn’t move. After about A minute of calming down a bit I could move my right arm enough to text my companion that I couldn’t move. But then after calming down a bit more and letting my body kinda fall back asleep and wake up again. I started to cough frantically and my whole body woke up and I could move.
Did you know that Rats can fit through holes that are like ¼ the size of them? That’s a fun fact I learned from Rattatouie back when I was like 14 or something.

Spiritual Thought


I had a bit of a spiritual awakening today reading within D&C 81. I have been having a lot of doubt and troubles with my calling as an Office elder working and dealing with so much all at the same time. With overseeing all the supplies for the mission, Records of the mission, and the Vehicles of the mission too, I have learned a lot about managing a lot in one. However sometimes I just don’t feel enough especially when other Elders and Sisters are always getting mad at me for not being able to fit their demands such as supplying rice cookers or toasters or so on. I read in Verse 3 of this section in which the specific words came to me after putting my name in place of Frederick G. Williams, “Elder Powell, Therefore, Verily I acknowledge him and will bless him, and also thee, inasmuch as thou art faithful in counsel, in the office which I have appointed unto you, in prayer always, vocally and in thy heart, in public and in private, also in thy ministry in proclaiming the gospel in the land of the living, and among thy brethren. And in doing these things thou wilt do the greatest good unto thy fellow being, and wilt promote the glory of him who is your lord. Wherefore, Be Faithful; Stand in the OFFICE which I have appointed unto you; succor the weak, lift up the hand which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.” And so on through Verse 6 and 7. For these scriptures, And something that I have found to be very very helpful in my work here in the Office of the Philippines Laoag Mission, is to simply read scriptures and if they have other names in there, Replace it with your name. and think about that. Sa tagalog, Pagbulay-bulayan. Pondering. Thinking good of that verse. Simply just thinking and knowing that the verse is there to help you. The Holy Ghost is going to try to testify to you of its truth. Just listen. Be quiet. And it will come. That’s what came to me right here. I felt it deep in my bones reading these verses in Section 81. One more thing of importance that I have recently learned is that I really should be recording these impressions as they come. So this is what I am doing here ðŸ˜Š
 #WhenYouTakeMyCamera @ Elder Ballarta

That is all


Yeah that is it.

-Elder Powell

P.S. My RC Justine (who is 14) Gave us a ride on the back of his Dads Tricie. It was fun having a 14-year-old give us a ride. And then when we made it to the highway, a 16-year-old member gave us a ride on his Tricy all the way back to our apartment. It’s fantastic that so many people here have Tricies and just love us.

P.P.S. Sino si POGI?!?!?!?
P.P.P.S. Pictures 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...