Sunday, January 6, 2019

Christmas and New Year's Posts

Editor's Note:
This post (the past two weeks of emails) is late because we spent Christmas week in Oklahoma. Here is the highlight of our Christmas Day. All six of Joe's older siblings were together (with their families) to be part of the Skype call. What joy!


12/24/18
Pasensya, Walang akong oras ngayon. Mag-eemail na ako susunod na lunes. Merry Christmas po! May Pictures na ako sa Photo album! 

(Sorry, I have no time today, I will email next Monday. Merry Christmas! New Pictures uploaded in photo album!)


P.S. Bakit matagal na ako sa tagolog at ilokano? Kasi walang english sa bahay namin. 

Jokes. We basically only speak English in our house. It's weird. 

I don't know any ilocano. or if they even spell it with a C or K . 

Malagayan Pasko at mga bagay. 

-Elder Powell

P.P.S? it's easy to spot a puting amerikano ditoy sa Gatarran kasi makikita nyo kami sa 568 bumibili nating mga lego. .

(It's easy so see a white american here in Gattaran because you will see us in 568 (the shop here) buying Legos.

12/30/18
This week was wonderful and I will keep things simple and spiritual for the spirit of Christmas and the new year. 

I am very grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and all it has taught me in my life and how it is helping me become a leader, humanitarian, and over all the best man I can be in this world while I still have time here. The ability to learn and grow by teaching such simple things has been making me learn new things, Try new foods, and realize that every single human being (Oo, yung mga bakla din bahahahahah madami ng sila) is a child of God and I have a deep love to help and serve each and every one of them. The members of Jesus Christ's restored Church are some of the best and strongest people I have ever met. Showing love and dignity, power, humility, and charity to all. They are amazing people and I can't wait for the future Zion that they are building here in Gattaran.  

Nais ko na mapatotoo ngayon na yung simbahan na ito ay totoo! At sa pamamagitan ng tatlong mga Pardong hakban, Steps Siguro? ewan ko ahahah pero...... kapag nagsisimba kayo, binuksan nyo ung anklat ni mormon, tapos, Nagdarasal kayo palagi, Malalaman nyo ang katotohanan ng lahat na ito. Sobra magandang work namin at Alam ko na lahat ng mga tao dito sa mundo ay magiging masaya kapag gagawin nila na ito

(((I would like to testify that this church is true. Through 3 (insert the correct translation of this word... I Don't know it exactly translates. Just think of like steps on stairs) steps probably, I don't know ahahaha but when you attend church, opening your Book of Mormon, and praying daily, you will be able to know the truth of it all. Our work is beautiful and I know all the people on the earth will become happy when they will do this.))))

TI anagman ni apocristo, Amen :) (I'm not good at ilokano lol. sorry po. baka 1 year sisimula na ako) 

-Elder Powell 

P.S. If it wasn't against the rules to give money to the carolers here, I would be giving everyone 10 pesos. 

P.P.S. if that wasn't bawal I would also be buying fireworks, but I'm an obedient missionary! 

P.P.P.S. Hehehe It's gonna be 2019 here before it is there. 

p.p.p.p.s. I might loose my hearing tonight from living right next to the palanke in centro (market) 

P.P.P.P.P.S. Dude My brain just like got split into 3 this past week. one third is English, one is Tagalog, and the other is asleep (you thought I was going to say ilokano but nah) 

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.S. my skin is starting to get so dark I'm actually not getting cat called all the time by the Filipino high school girls. Its fantastic!

Sorry no pictures yet. I will send a separate email when they are uploaded with a link to them :) 

12/30/18
So I went to go get a new camera but today is New Years Eve so the Camera store is closed :( Oh well. Next week hopefully. Here are the pictures from Christmas though! I got no presents yet and it ended up just being the 4 of us elders spending a bunch of money on Lego sets. So now we have a city, a bunch of dragons, and Lego cars. Its fantastic :) 


I'm still rocking the headbands here sometimes. Our district is making matching shirts together literally of our faces and this is the face they're putting on it....



Zone activity!!!! We had lunch (lots of adobo) and just hung out, played a few games, and grew close together :) 


It has literally been raining for 4 days straight lol. It's flooding here and I ACTUALLY WORE A JACKET ONE DAY BECAUSE IT WAS COLD. I KNOW RIGHT??!!?!?!? COLD??!? IN THE PHILIPPINES?!?!?!!? 
  


me and elder Peterson booling it with the Christmas spirit plus my outfit for the day (which was eventually dimmed down to meet dress code and standard) 


It didn't focus but a Tatay we are teaching texted us Merry Christmas and it made my day :)   


Tatay and his family. The rest of the family are members. (I'm on exchanges with my old ZL) When he read the Book of Mormon with his family and learned about eternal families from an FHE one night he was like, "Oh I wanna get sealed in the temple :)" We're still working on his shyness but that's okay. They are a beautiful family to teach.

-Elder Powell





No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...