Friday, December 7, 2018

I'm kinda alive

12/2/2018
Hey Y'all one and all from the meek and the bold to the Adobe and Balot and shuckernamoots. 

I'm kinda alive over here in the Motherland of the Beautiful Philippines! 

Conte-lang mga picture ngayone dahil naka-hospital na ako noon sa viernes, sabado, at llingo... 

I went to the doctors this past weekend and the doctor said to me "wow magaline kayo na Tagalog! Ilan Taon ka na katagal dito sa Philippines?" and I responded with "aye Na-Nosebleed na ako... I've been here for 6 weeks. 5 in Gattaran and 1 in Manila/Quezon. No ilokano yet sorry and Tagolog is hard lol. I'll get it down in a few more months hopefully" 

But then he said I'm dying and I need to take antibiotics.

I've been taking the antibiotics for a few days now and they haven't done anything so I get to go back again and ask what is happening. 

Likewise the work here has been a little slow. Very few investigators, No one is going to church, and I never got many pictures taken. I will share pictures next week hopefully of my one day of exchanges with my ZL (and practically best friend already) Elder Reamon. 


Spiritual moment this week: I went to an Less active member on Wednesday with my ZL (he baptized her family when he was first here) and we heard from the Tay that he wants to start taking the lessons now and attending church (only for me to get sick and have to cancel the lesson) and likewise for him to get sick as well (everyone is getting sick here dang it) Either way, In teaching and talking with them, I felt impressed to ask if she wanted her family to be together forever. She said yes. And I bore my testimony and gave her a promise (in broken tagolog/taglish stuff) that if their family prays together (kasama si tay at mga anak) and reads the Book of Mormon together and Mag-simba and so on and forth (attend church) that one day they will go to the temple and be sealed together as a family for all eternity. Likewise, I developed a great connection with my ZL Elder Reamon and we are going to be good friends for a while :) 

She came to church and all of them have been praying together. We're just working hard on getting the rest of them to come to church. If all goes well with that and they follow the promise from God shared by me, that will be one happy elder right there :) 

Sige. Conte Picture Tayo 



They are planting rice right now. there are a few umbrellas there in the distance pero sobra astig na iti sa nakita yung mga tao at kanilang trabaho :DDDDD 



I made this really good shrimp Ramen. Bery delicious/ Masarap :) 


THE FIELDS ARE BECOMING GREEN AGAIN!!!!! 


MOM I need a new camera :( Sorry. preferably one that is waterproof. Mine still works but the pictures come out like this now lol. it's kinda cool though ngl. 



Every Barangay here has a Giant Christmas tree made of lights set up. this place is soooooo well decorated and I love the Christmas music and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This place is truly the Kings of Christmas!


I bought a Lava-lava to wear around the house and one day I woke up with it on my head and apparently unconsciously while trying to rest as medicine was kicking in, I wrapped it around my eyes to block the light out. I woke up and got out of bed like this and it was kinda funny. 

Lahat Mula kay Elder Well with respect at the beginning 

- Elder POwell(s) 

P.S. Please don't get infections as often as I do. It's really really annoying. 

P.P.S. If you have the time to, go serve someone! Share a Gift! Give a hug (especially because I'm not allowed to) Toot na toot on a French Horn! Sing a song, Share the Christ Like love to people this world as we celebrate his birth!!! What a beautiful season it is right now (even though its like 37 here pretty consistently) 

P.P.P.S. Boom Boom aking puso!

P.P.P.P.S. Don't name your kid John Michael. We have 3 investigators all with that name at its kinda weird. 

P.P.P.P.P.S. Is my name Jo or Pedro? People here can't make up their minds..... 

P.P.P.P.P.P.S. binili ako isa pang gallon ng ice-cream......... 

P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S. Elder Wells and I always Joke-lang about having to go to the Tuguegarao Hospital because there is a Burger King there. We have solid plans to never go there though. Laoag has a Pizza hut anyways. 

Px8S. Please keep me updated from home! It's always wonderful to hear what is goin on in AZ UT NV and WA!!!! Send Pictures too so I don't forget you exist like you all will forget I exist since no one these days use email. 

Px9S. If you are actually reading all of this, Then you will know that next week I will be sending home a little Christmas Video Gift from me and my Companion and District leader (yung mga amerikano sa district namin. The Americans in our district of 4) and another one hopefully from ako rin :) (me too) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keepy-Uppy with your formative assessments!

 Active learning as a whole:  As Bandit would say, "active learning is the bee's knees!" (typical Aussie dad moment), Not only...